This Peanut Butter Jam Overnight Oats recipe brings together the classic comforting flavor combination of peanut butter with our easy-to-make homemade strawberry jam made from fresh strawberries. The prep time is minimal, and you can make a big batch ahead of time so they’re ready when you wake up each day. It’s a simple, delicious, and nourishing way to start the day.
Why This Recipe Works
Nutritious: Loaded with fiber and protein for a satisfying start to the day.
Quick to Prepare: Mix, let it sit overnight, and enjoy in the morning.
Versatile: Easy to customize with your favorite toppings.
No Cooking Required: Perfect for those busy mornings for a grab-and-go breakfast.
Delicious Flavors: The classic peanut butter and jam taste you adore.
In a bowl, mix rolled oats, chia seeds, and your preferred plant milk in a jar. Add a layer of natural peanut butter and your choice of jam or fresh fruit. Seal the jar and store in the refrigerator overnight. In the morning, stir the oats, top with additional peanut butter and jam, and enjoy.
Rolled Oats: An excellent source of whole grains. Substitute with gluten-free oats if desired.
Chia Seeds: They add a nice texture and are packed with omega-3 fatty acids.
Peanut Butter: A source of healthy fats and plant-based protein.
- How long can I keep the overnight oats? They stay fresh for up to 5 days.
- Are overnight oats healthy? Yes, they are nourishing and fulfilling.
- Can I warm up overnight oats? Absolutely, gently heat them if you prefer warm oats.
- Is this recipe kid-friendly? Yes, kids usually love the familiar peanut butter and jelly flavors!
- Can I use steel-cut oats? For best results, stick with rolled oats.
- Can I use other types of milk? Sure, almond, oat, or your favorite non-dairy milk would also be great options.
Variations and Tips
Protein Power-Up: Add a scoop of vegan protein powder or some dairy-free soy yogurt for an extra protein boost.
Strawberry Jam Alternatives: If you’d prefer not to make your own strawberry jam, you can simply use a store-bought option. I highly recommend trying our homemade strawberry jam as it’s so easy, super healthy, and delicious!
Fresh Toppings: Top with sliced bananas or fresh berries before serving.
Nut-Free Alternative: For a nut-free version, use sunflower seed butter instead of peanut butter.
Vanilla Twist: Stir in a teaspoon of vanilla extract for added depth of flavor.
How to store overnight oats: Mason jars are perfect for storing overnight oats. They’re glass, so they’re solid, easy to clean, and reusable PLUS they come with a lid. You can add enough overnight oats for a single serving in each jar so that you can eat straight out of the jar in the morning, saving time and dishes! If you don’t have any jars, feel free to use regular glass food containers with a lid.
Make It Sweeter: Add a drop of maple syrup or your favorite sweetener to either the overnight oats or the jam for an extra touch of sweetness.
Why You’ll Love These Peanut Butter Jam Overnight Oats
- Super easy
- Easy to meal prep
- SO delicious
Peanut Butter & Jam Overnight Oats
- ¾ cup strawberries
- 2 tsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp water
- ½ cup oats
- ¾ cup soy milk
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp strawberry jam
- Start by preparing the strawberries for your homemade jam. Wash them thoroughly under running water and carefully remove the green parts.
- Place the prepared strawberries in a saucepan. Add chia seeds, the juice of half a lemon, and water to the saucepan.
- Cover the saucepan and place it on low heat. Let the mixture simmer until it reaches a gentle boil. This should take about 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, remove the saucepan from the heat. Let the mixture cool down at room temperature.
- Once cooled, transfer your homemade strawberry jam into a clean jar. Store it in the fridge. It can be kept for up to 5 days.
- In a clean jar, combine your oats, soy milk, chia seeds, and a tablespoon of peanut butter.
- Stir the mixture well to ensure everything is well combined. Cover the jar and let it sit in the fridge overnight.
- In the morning, take out your jar of overnight oats. Top with your homemade strawberry jam and enjoy!