This is the perfect brekky for those days when you are on the go. You get your whole grains, omega-3s and caffeine all in one, and it’s perfect to take away. Plus, it tastes absolutely delicious and takes literally 2 minutes to make. These mocha overnight oats are such an amazing way to start the day.
If caffeine doesn’t agree with you, but you love the taste of coffee, you can use a decaf shot instead.
Coffee impacts certain nutrient absorption, so if you’re working on maximizing nutrient absorption or have an underlying deficiency, we always recommend enjoying coffee 1 hour after food and we have many, many more easy brekky recipes on the page.
Mocha Overnight Oats
- ⅔ cup oats
- 1 tbsp chia
- 1 tbsp cacao nibs
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- ¼ cup coffee (or decaf)
- ⅓ cup soy milk
- 1 tbsp soy yogurt
- ½ tbsp maple syrup (or more to taste)
- Melted dark chocolate to pour on top
- Combine the oats, chia, cacao powder and cacao nibs.
- Add the coffee, milk, yogurt and maple syrup, and stir well until thoroughly combined.
- Top with melted chocolate if using.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight