If you’re in the mood for something that’s as tasty as it is nourishing, this Avocado Tortilla Wrap using the viral folding method is the one. The chipotle cashew cream adds a delightful smokiness, while the fresh salsa brings a pop of freshness that’s simply irresistible. It’s a lunch that you’ll not only enjoy but also feel good about eating. It’s super easy to put together and one we love to make on repeat for a quick lunch or snack!
Why This Recipe Works
- Meal Prep Friendly: Make it in advance and enjoy a hassle-free lunch.
- Nutrient-rich: Loaded with vitamins from fresh veggies and herbs.
- Flavorful: The chipotle cashew cream and fresh salsa elevate this wrap to a gourmet level.
Avocado Tortilla Wrap Ingredients
- Cashews: Provides creaminess to the sauce. Substitute with almonds if needed.
- Chipotle in Adobo: Adds a smoky flavor. You can use smoked paprika as an alternative.
- Nutritional Yeast: For a cheesy flavor without dairy.
- Coriander: Fresh only for this one. Parsley would work too.
- Wholemeal Wrap: For a source of whole grains. Opt for gluten-free wraps if you have an intolerance.
First, we prep the main elements of the wrap. Blend the Cream: Combine cashews, soy milk, nutritional yeast, and chipotle for a creamy, smoky sauce. Prepare the Salsa: Mix coriander, lime juice, tomato, and red onion for a fresh salsa.
Next, we prepare the wrap by cutting a small incision for easier folding. Add the main elements, each in a separate quadrant. Fold the wrap into a triangle shape by folding each quadrant over itself. Then grill on a pan for a crispy finish and cut with a breadknife to enjoy!
- Can I make it vegan?: Absolutely, just ensure your wraps are vegan.
- How long does it keep?: Up to 3 days in the fridge.
- Can I freeze it?: Not recommended due to the fresh ingredients.
Variations and Tips
- Add Protein: Tofu or tempeh can be added for extra protein.
- Spice It Up: Add some jalapeños or hot sauce if you like it spicy.
- Make it gluten-free: Use gluten-free wraps.
Avocado Tortilla Wrap
- 2 wholemeal wraps
- ½ avocado diced
- 1 cup black beans mashed
- 1 cup baby spinach
- ¼ cup cashews
- ½ cup soy milk
- 1 tbsp chipotle in adobo
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- ¼ cup diced coriander
- ½ cup chopped tomato
- ½ tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp diced red onion
- Blend the cashews, soy milk, nutritional yeast, and chipotle in adobo in a blender until smooth to make the cashew cream.
- In a separate bowl, combine the diced coriander, lime juice, chopped tomato, and diced red onion to create a fresh salsa.
- Cut a small incision in the middle of the bottom side of the wholemeal wrap, going halfway up.
- Place the diced avocado, fresh salsa, mashed black beans, and cashew cream on the respective quadrants of the wrap. Top with baby spinach.
- Fold the wrap onto itself starting from the incision. Grill for 2 minutes on each side until crispy. Enjoy your nutritious Avocado Tortilla Wrap!