Roasting is my favorite way to prepare veggies, and I’m always mind-blown by the depth of flavors. I’m also a big fan of letting the oven do most of the work, so I’m free to do other things. The combo of spicy harissa cauliflower and eggplant (which literally melt in your mouth) with the creamy and tangy garlic sauce is just divine.
And the simple black lentils add protein, fiber, and minerals (This recipe has 26g of protein et 19g of fiber). This one is such a winner, I love it as a mid-week dinner as it comes together so easily, but will be equally happy to serve it when hosting, as it looks quite fancy, and everything can be prepared ahead of time.
Roasted Harissa Cauliflower Bowl with Garlic Confit Yogurt
- 1 head garlic
- 1 tbsp harissa
- 3 tsp olive oil (divided)
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 3 pinch salt
- 1 small cauliflower head (diced in florets)
- 1 eggplant (diced)
- 1 lemon (chopped in half)
- 4 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 tsp dukkah
- 1 cup cooked black lentils
- 1 cup thick soy yogurt
- 1 tbsp tahini
- Preheat the oven to 400F/200C. Prepare the garlic by peeling and removing the outer layer. Cut 1/2 cm from the top of the cloves to expose them, wrap in foil, and bake for 40 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Combine 2.5 tsp olive oil, harissa, turmeric, cumin, cornstarch, and a pinch of salt. Add the cauliflower and eggplant to this mixture, ensuring they are thoroughly coated. Transfer to a baking tray with the lemon and bake for 30 minutes.
- While the vegetables are roasting, prepare the lentil mix by combining the lentils, 1/2 tsp olive oil, parsley, a pinch of salt, and dukkah.
- For the dip, squeeze out the charred lemon juice and combine it with yogurt, roasted garlic, tahini, and a pinch of salt. Layer the dip, lentils mix, and roasted veggies to serve.