This High-Protein Medi Bowl is such an easy and tasty meal prep! We start by making the tofu, which is similar to the herby Lemon Tofu we’ve made previously, but a little quicker, and serve it with a tabbouleh-inspired quinoa salad. It’s super nourishing and packs 35g of protein and 12mg of iron. This one is a little on the lower side calorie-wise (the full nutrition info is always available on our website), so if you want to bulk it more, I would recommend adding more quinoa and topping it up with some avocado, hemp seeds or other nuts and seeds.
This one keeps for 3 days, if you want to keep it for longer, do not mix the salad and instead layer in the following order: olive oil, lemon, lentils, quinoa, cucumber, tomatoes, spring onions, parsley, mint, and cooked tofu.
Option to add a couple of spoons of yogurt (I use soy) if you want to make it extra creamy; it goes so well with the flavors!
High-Protein Medi Bowl
- 1.5 cups cooked and cooled quinoa
- 1.5 cups cooked lentils
- 150 g chopped cherry tomatoes
- 1 diced cucumber
- ½ cup finely chopped flat parsley
- ½ cup finely chopped mint
- 1 stalk finely chopped spring onions
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp olive oil
- salt to taste
Herby Lemon Tofu
- 450 g extra firm tofu, chopped in cubes
- 6 tbsp lemon juice and zest
- 2 tsp dry thyme
- 2 tsp baby capers and brine
- 2 small minced garlic cloves
- 2 tsp olive oil
- dash of salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400F/200C. Prepare the tofu by chopping it into cubes.
- Combine the Herby Lemon tofu marinade ingredients in a bowl. Add the cubed tofu and let it marinate for at least 30 minutes to absorb the flavors.
- Bake the marinated tofu in the preheated oven for 20 minutes until golden and crispy.
- While the tofu is baking, prepare the quinoa salad. Combine the cooked quinoa, lentils, chopped cherry tomatoes, diced cucumber, finely chopped parsley and mint, and chopped spring onions in a large bowl.
- Dress the salad with lemon juice, olive oil, and salt to taste. Mix well to combine.
- Once the tofu is done, top the salad with the baked tofu. Add a couple of spoons of yogurt (optional) for extra creaminess. Enjoy your High-Protein Medi Bowl!