I love wraps; it’s such an easy, quick and delicious way to make lunch. My only thing is that it’s sometimes tricky to find nourishing options in supermarkets (or they are super expensive!). So I’ve started experimenting with making my own, and I can’t believe it took me so long. It’s a lot easier than I thought ????
For these wraps, we are combining oats, flax seeds, soy milk, spinach and iodised salt. All great ingredients to consume on a daily basis ???? they are super nourishing, packing up to 4g of fibre and 6.5g of protein per wrap.
They are also super cheap and come to approx. AUD$0.31 per wrap (price calculated with Woolworths ingredients).
Best of all, they are super strong and flexible and somehow even better the day after, so you can absolutely prep a batch or two and keep them in the fridge!
✨ I used a crepes pan (which is quite common in France), but you can use any nonstick pan.
✨Make sure your wrap is well-cooked before flipping.
Easy, Healthy Green Wraps
- Non-stick Pan
- 2 cups spinach
- 2 cups oats
- 2 tbsp flaxseed
- 2.5 cups soy milk
- 0.5 tsp salt (optional)
- Start by adding the oats and flaxseed to a blender. Process these ingredients until they reach a flour-like consistency.
- Add the spinach, milk, and salt to the blender. Blend these ingredients until the mixture is smooth.
- Let the mixture set for about 5 minutes to thicken slightly.
- Heat up a non-stick pan to medium heat and add a dash of olive oil. Pour some of the mixture into the pan and spread it out to form a wrap.
- Cook the wrap until it changes in color and consistency. This should take about 3 minutes on the first side and 2 minutes 30 on the second side.