Are you looking for a delicious and nutritious meal option to add to your meal prep routine? Look no further than our Supergreen Pasta! This dish is not only bursting with flavour but is also packed with key nutrients for a plant-based diet with 10mg of iron, 7mg of zinc and 40g of plant-based protein.
Set yourself up for success this week by prepping this Supergreen Pasta to keep you feeling good and nourished ????
Supergreen High-Protein Pasta (Meal-Prep)
- 250 g red lentil pasta (dry )
- 0.5 tbsp olive oil
- 2 yellow onions, diced
- 6 garlic cloves, diced
- 300 g silken tofu
- 0.5 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1 cup basil
- 0.5 cup soy milk
- 4 tbsp hemp seeds
- 2 cups broccoli forest, chopped
- 200 g king oyster mushroom, sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup arugula
- lemon, chilli flakes to serve
- Cook the pasta, according to the packet instructions
- Start by heating a pot on medium heat, add the diced onions and olive oil. Cook for about 5 minutes until the onions become soft.
- Add the diced garlic to the pot and sauté for another 2 minutes until the garlic is fragrant.
- Transfer the cooked garlic and onions to a blender. Add the silken tofu, nutritional yeast, baby spinach, basil, hemp seeds, and soy milk to the blender. Blend the ingredients until the mixture is perfectly smooth. Set this sauce aside for later.
- Return to the pot, add the sliced mushrooms and half a cup of water. Cook this mixture until all the water has evaporated. This should take about 5 to 10 minutes. Make sure to stir regularly to prevent the mushrooms from sticking to the pot.
- Add the chopped broccoli and a pinch of salt to the pot. Cook for about 3 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Lower the heat and add the cooked pasta and the sauce you set aside earlier. Cook for a couple of minutes until the sauce is heated through. Adjust the salt and pepper to your taste.
- Serve the pasta with a handful of arugula and a squeeze of lemon. Enjoy your nutritious and delicious Supergreen High-Protein Pasta!