With 16g of fiber, 15 unique plants, and packed with fermented food, this kimchi quesadilla recipe is a great one to add to the meal plan to satisfy both your taste buds and microbiome! It’s super easy to put together with minimum cooking. The sauce and beans keep well and can be prepared in advance for a super easy lunch.
The cilantro sauce is delicious and protein-packed, in fact, each quesadilla contains 22g of protein!
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 yellow capsicum, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1.5 cups black beans
- 3 wholegrain wraps
- ½ cup kimchi
- 1 scallion, chopped
- ½ avocado, diced
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- ¼ nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds
- ½ jalapeños, deseeded
- ½ cup fresh coriander
- 3 tbsp lime
- ¾ cup soy milk
- 1 pinch salt
- Heat the sesame oil in a pan on medium heat, add the sliced yellow capsicum and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the black beans and garlic to the pan, season with a pinch of salt, and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- In a blender, combine all the cilantro sauce ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Assemble the quesadilla by layering a wrap with the cilantro sauce, cooked beans, chopped scallions, kimchi, and diced avocado.
- Grill the assembled quesadilla for a couple of minutes on each side until golden and crispy.
- Cut the grilled quesadilla into three pieces and serve with extra cilantro sauce on the side. Enjoy!