Indulge in our Gingerbread Avocado Chocolate Mousse, blending the richness of avocado with the warmth of gingerbread spices and the depth of chocolate. It’s a simple, delicious, and nourishing dessert or snack that can be prepared ahead of time to enjoy during your holiday gatherings!
Why This Recipe Works
Nutritionally Rich: Packed with heart-healthy fats from avocado and fiber from chia seeds.
Simple Ingredients: Easily accessible, vegan-friendly ingredients.
Quick Preparation: Minimal effort with a blender for a smooth texture.
Delightful Taste: A perfect blend of gingerbread spices and chocolate.
Versatile Dessert: Ideal for various occasions, from casual to festive.
Fiber Rich: With 10g of fiber per serving.
Begin by turning the chia seeds into a fine powder using a blender or food processor. Then, combine the avocado, maple syrup, cacao powder, gingerbread spices, and soy milk in the blender. Blend until the mixture is completely smooth. Next, pour the mixture into cups and chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours. Finally, serve this delicious mousse with your choice of toppings, such as desiccated coconut, fresh raspberries, or strawberries, etc.
Avocado: Rich in healthy fats and provides a creamy texture. Avocado is also high in potassium. Potassium helps to excrete excess sodium, which is often consumed in excess during the holidays and contributes to bloating.
Chia Seeds: Excellent fiber and omega-3 source, also helps in thickening the mousse. Flaxseeds are a good alternative.
Cacao Powder: Loaded with antioxidants, it adds a deep chocolate flavor. Cocoa powder can be used as a substitute.
Gingerbread Spices: A mix of ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves, adding a festive touch. Adjust the blend to taste.
Maple Syrup: A natural sweetener. Agave can be used as a substitute.
- Is this recipe suitable for kids? Kids will love it, and it’s a healthy treat for all ages.
- How long does this mousse keep in the fridge? It stays fresh for up to 2 days.
- Are there any other fruit toppings I can use? Berries, sliced bananas, or mango make great toppings.
- Can I use different plant milks in this recipe? Yes, you can easily substitute soy milk with other non-dairy milk. Oat milk is a great substitute. Almond milk offers a lighter, nutty flavor, while coconut milk adds a rich, creamy texture, enhancing the mousse’s indulgence.
Variations and Tips
Texture Variation: Mix in some crushed nuts for a crunchy texture.
Skip the gingerbread spices: Indulge in a very chocolatey dessert that’s perfect not only for December but any time of the year.
Salt: Top with a pinch of sea salt to enhance the chocolate flavors.
Chocolate Chips: Stir in dark chocolate chips for added indulgence.
Chilling Tip: Overnight refrigeration enhances the flavors.
Serving Suggestion: Garnish with fresh fruits for a fresh look and added nutrition.
Ingredient Tip: Use ripe avocados for the best flavor and texture.
Why You’ll Love This Dairy-Free Gingerbread Avocado Chocolate Mousse
Gingerbread Avocado Chocolate Mousse
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 large avocado
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup cacao powder
- 1 tbsp gingerbread spice mix
- ¾ cup soy milk
- Add the chia seeds to a blender and process until you get a powder-like consistency.
- Add the avocado, maple syrup, cacao powder, gingerbread spice mix, and soy milk to the blender. Blend until smooth.
- Pour into a cup and transfer to the fridge to set for a minimum of 2 hours.
- Serve with fresh strawberries.