If you’re looking for a unique and tasty Halloween snack for your spooky gathering, look no further than these bat-shaped Halloween crackers with guacamole. These crackers are not only delicious but also packed with nutritious ingredients like black sesame seeds and chickpea flour. They’re the perfect addition to your Halloween spread.
Why This Recipe Works
- Easy to Make: Just mix, roll, and bake.
- Nutrient-Rich: Packed with seeds and nutritional yeast.
- Versatile: Great as a snack or salad topping.
- Vegan: Completely plant-based ingredients.
Begin by preheating your oven to 320F. Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and let it rest for 5 minutes. Roll the dough between two sheets of baking paper. Cut into shapes using a cookie cutter or knife. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Cool and break them apart.
Black Sesame Seeds: Rich in antioxidants.
Chickpea Flour: A good source of protein.
Nutritional Yeast: Adds a cheesy flavor.
Charcoal Powder: For an homogenous black color, optional. Ensure it’s food-grade. We love it for a fun Halloween recipe, but charcoal can interact with certain medication. So we don’t recommend consuming it without chatting first with your health care provider if you’re currently on medication.
- Is this recipe vegan? Yes, it’s 100% plant-based.
- Is it gluten-free? Yes, thanks to the use of chickpea flour.
- Can I make it without charcoal? Absolutely, it won’t be as black but just as delicious!
Variations and Tips
Spice it Up: Add some chili flakes.
Flavor Variants: Try adding herbs like oregano or thyme.
Why You’ll Love These Halloween Crackers with Guacamole
- Spooky, Halloween-ready snacks
Bat-Shaped Halloween Crackers with Guacamole
- ¾ cup black sesame seeds
- ¼ cup poppy seeds
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- ½ tsp charcoal powder (optional)
- 1 tsp garlic granules
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅔ cup chickpea flour (besan)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ⅓ cup warm water
- Start by preheating your oven to 320 °F (160C) for optimal baking.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients. Mix them well and let the mixture rest for about 5 minutes to allow the flavors to meld.
- Place the dough on a piece of baking paper. Cover it with another piece of baking paper and roll it out to a thickness of about 0.25-0.5 cm. Remove the top layer of paper.
- Use a cookie cutter or a sharp knife to cut the dough into bat shapes.
- Bake the bat-shaped crackers in the preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes. Once done, allow them to cool down before breaking them apart with your hands.