These Strawberry Jam Chocolate Bites are perfect for an easy, nourishing, freezer-friendly snack. We shaped ours into adorable hearts using a heart-shaped mold, drizzled them with melted white chocolate, and added a sprinkle of dried rose petals. The result was stunningly romantic treats that look as divine as they taste, perfect for Valentine’s Day or any special occasion. Feel free to get creative with this recipe to match your taste preferences or those of your special someone.
Why This Recipe Works
- Simple and Quick: Requires minimal ingredients and steps.
- Nutritious Ingredients: Uses wholesome, plant-based components.
- Flexible: Easily adaptable with different fruits or chocolates.
- Perfect for Snacking: A nutritious, satisfying treat.
- Freezer-Friendly: Great for making ahead and enjoying any time.
Mash the strawberries with a fork, then mix in chia seeds, water, and maple syrup. Transfer this mixture to an ice cube tray and freeze for at least 2 hours. Combine cacao powder and melted cacao butter in a separate bowl. Dip each frozen bite into the chocolate mixture, allowing it to sit for a moment before setting it aside. These bites are ready to be enjoyed immediately or stored in the freezer.
- Strawberries: Rich in vitamins, fiber, and antioxidants. Substitute with raspberries for a twist.
- Chia Seeds: An omega-3 fatty acids, fiber, and protein source. They help thicken the jam.
- Cacao Powder and Butter: Offers a deep chocolate flavor and is a good source of antioxidants. Can be replaced with melted chocolate of your choice for convenience.
- Maple Syrup: A natural sweetener; adjust the quantity based on your preference or replace it with agave syrup for a different flavor profile.
- Is this recipe gluten-free? Yes, it’s naturally gluten-free.
- Can I use frozen strawberries? Absolutely, just thaw them slightly before use.
- How long can I store these bites? They stay fresh in the freezer for up to a month.
- Can I add nuts or seeds? Certainly, sprinkle your choice of nuts or seeds before freezing the bites for an extra crunch. The green of some chopped pistachios would look very nice!
Variations and Tips
- To enhance flavor, add a pinch of salt to the chocolate mixture.
- Swap the strawberries for raspberries for a fun twist.
- To ensure a smooth chocolate coating, keep the chocolate mixture warm as you dip the bites. Experiment with different berries or mix them for a varied taste.
- If using dark chocolate for dipping, a little melted cacao butter, or coconut oil can help thin it out for easier coating.
Why You’ll Love These Strawberry Jam Chocolate Bites
- Easy to make
- Fun snack
Strawberry Jam Chocolate Bites
- 1 cup strawberries, diced
- 1.5 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- ¼ cup cacao butter
- melted white chocolate (optional)
- Mash the strawberries using a fork, then add chia seeds, water, and maple syrup. Stir well to combine. Set aside for 10 minutes to allow the chia to bloom.
- Transfer the mixture to an ice cube tray, and freeze for at least 2 hours.
- Add the cacao butter to heat safe bowl, and place in the microwave for 30 seconds at a time until melted. Stir in the cacao powder.
- Using a fork, dip each frozen bite into the cacao mixture. Let it set on your fork for half a minute before putting it down. The cold will get the cacao to set and give you a nice uniform layer.
- Enjoy straight away or keep in a sealed container in the freezer until ready to eat. You can enjoy them straight out of the freezer for a frozen treat, or take them out 10 minutes before for a softer consistency.