These little Tangy Black Bean Tacos with Avocado Cream are really no fuss to make but taste so delicious! The combo of creamy avocado cream with fresh mango and nourishing black beans really does it! And, of course, the pickled onions are an amazing addition. Did you know pickled onions are so easy to make? I always have a big jar in my fridge and they end up being the perfect finishing touch to so many dishes!
In this initial step, we’re concocting the avocado cream that will form the base flavor of our tacos. We’ll put the jalapenos, coriander, lime juice, half an avocado, dairy-free yogurt, and a pinch of salt into our blender. We’ll then blend until we achieve a creamy consistency. We can adjust the flavor with additional salt or lime juice if needed. This vibrant cream will provide our tacos with an exciting kick and a unique tangy undertone.
Now, we’re preparing the hearty filling for our tacos. We heat up a pan on medium heat and introduce the black beans, corn, and chipotle in adobo sauce. The beans are a fantastic source of protein, while the corn contributes a hint of sweetness. The chipotle in adobo sauce infuses our mix with a smoky, spicy undertone. We’ll stir this regularly to prevent any sticking and ensure our flavors meld beautifully.
It’s assembly time! We warm up our tortillas (just throw them in a pan) to make them more pliable and slightly toasted. Next, we spread a generous dollop of our avocado cream on each tortilla. Following this, we layer on a scoop of our bean and corn mixture. We’ll then top it off with diced avocado for extra creaminess, fresh cilantro for a herby freshness, and pickled onions for that tangy crunch.
Finally, we’re ready to serve our beautiful Avocado Cream and Black Bean Tacos! We’ll arrange them aesthetically on a plate, garnish with a few wedges of lime, and encourage everyone to squeeze fresh lime juice over their tacos just before eating. The lime juice will highlight all the flavors and add a zesty brightness to our dish. Let’s relish the delightful meal we’ve created together!
Reasons to love these black bean tacos
- Quick to prepare
- Packed with plant-based protein
- High in fiber
- Full of vibrant flavors
- Incredibly satisfying, easy to make, and great for meal prep
- You’ll love the creamy avocado, the hearty black beans, and the tangy pickled onions that make every bite absolutely tasty
Why they’re so nourishing
- Avocado: Rich in healthy fats and fiber, avocados are also packed with vitamins and minerals.
- Black Beans: High in protein and fiber, black beans are a great source of complex carbohydrates.
- Corn: Corn is a good source of fiber and contains beneficial antioxidants.
- Mango: Mangoes are rich in vitamins A and C and contain digestive enzymes.
- Lime: Limes are high in vitamin C and antioxidants.
- Cilantro: Cilantro is low in calories and rich in antioxidants, vitamins, and dietary fiber.
- Jalapenos: Jalapenos contain capsaicin, which has anti-inflammatory properties and can boost metabolism.
- Dairy-free yogurt: A great source of probiotics, it aids in digestion and supports gut health.
Tangy Black Bean Tacos with Avocado Cream
- Jalapenos ( to taste)
- ½ cup coriander
- ½ lime (juiced)
- ½ avocado
- ⅓ cup dairy-free yogurt
- salt (to taste)
- 1.5 cups black beans
- 1 cup corn
- 2 tbsp chipotle in adobo sauce
- 1 cup mango (diced)
- 6 corn tortillas
- ½ avocado (diced)
- ½ cup red pickled onions
- ½ cup cilantro
- Blend all the cream ingredients together until smooth. This includes the jalapenos, coriander, lime juice, avocado, dairy-free yogurt, and a pinch of salt. The result should be a creamy, tangy, and slightly spicy avocado cream.
- In a pan over medium heat, add the black beans, corn, and chipotle in adobo sauce. Stir the mixture regularly to ensure that the beans and corn are evenly coated in the sauce and that they heat evenly. Cook this mixture for about 5 minutes.
- While the bean mixture is cooking, heat up your corn tortillas. You can do this in a dry skillet over medium heat, or directly over the flame of your stove if you have a gas stove. Be careful not to burn them; you just want them warm and pliable.
- Once your tortillas are warmed, you can start assembling your tacos. Spread a generous layer of the avocado cream on each tortilla. This not only adds flavor but also helps to hold the other ingredients in place.
- Top the avocado cream with the warm black bean and corn mixture. The heat from the beans and corn will help to meld the flavors together.
- Next, add the diced avocado. The cool, creamy avocado provides a nice contrast to the warm beans and corn.
- Sprinkle on some fresh cilantro for a burst of fresh flavor, and then top everything off with some tangy pickled onions. These add a nice crunch and a pop of flavor that really brings the tacos to life.
- Serve your Avocado Cream Black Bean Tacos with a slice of fresh lime on the side. The lime can be squeezed over the tacos for a bit of tangy freshness that really enhances the other flavors.
- Enjoy your delicious, healthy, and satisfying meal!
- Can I substitute soy for almond milk in the avocado cream? Yes, you can use any dairy-free yogurt of your choice.
- Can I use canned black beans? Yes, just make sure to rinse and drain them before use.
- Can I use a different type of tortilla? Yes, you can use any tortilla of your choice, but corn tortillas are recommended for this recipe.