What’s better than avocado toast, you ask? Beetroot hummus avocado toast! I’ve been making this combo for all our family brunches for the past year, and it’s always a huge success.
There is something about the crunchy sourdough, creamy avocado, and sweet but tangy hummus that is simply perfect. And I thought it was about time I stopped gatekeeping this super easy but company-worthy snack!
This recipe makes a large amount; feel free to halve it. But wait! Did you know that you can freeze hummus? I always put a little in the freezer for instant dip perfection or for a super ✨extra✨ sandwich spread!
Beetroot Hummus Avocado Toast
- 250 g cooked beetroot
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 4 tbsp EVOO
- 1 garlic clove
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2.5 cups cooked chickpeas
- ½ cup ice cube (optional, use as needed to blend)
- 1 slice sourdough
- ½ avocado diced
- ¼ cup beetroot hummus
- 1 tsp black sesame seeds
- chilli flakes & salt to taste
- Add all the hummus ingredients to a food processor and process until smooth. This will create a rich, vibrant beetroot hummus.
- Toast the sourdough until it reaches your desired level of crunchiness.
- Spread a generous layer of the beetroot hummus on the toasted sourdough.
- Top the hummus with diced avocado, sprinkle with black sesame seeds, and season with chilli flakes and salt. Enjoy your nutritious and delicious beetroot hummus avocado toast!